Monday, February 26, 2007

Necessity is the Mother of Invention!!


.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.

I took up the Clarinet earlier this year just to see if I could actually carry a tune.

I can!!!!

Anyways, the practice CD required me to click the play button to get the midi file started. Then a quick juggle of the clarinet to get my fingers in place before the track started.

This was so not working out. I needed to come up with something that allowed me to activate the left mouse button without removing my fingers from the Clarinet.

Why not a Foot Switch?????

I cannibalized one of the many spare USB mice that I have lying in my box of wires, a foot switch from my unused Table Saw and some spare cable from other damaged components.

Now all I have to do is position the cursor using the regular mouse and step on the foot switch to activate.

It's a good thing!!!!

3 comments:

  1. You bet it is Martha...you bet it is! I think a patent is in order?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Martha ain't got nothing on me!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is a good thing that you are not learning the drums. Because if you were, then you'd have to call your invention the 'middle foot switch'

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...