Monday, June 28, 2010

Doing a Number on the House

I've wanted to change our house numbers ever since we purchased our place, but the offerings in the local hardware stores did not meet my approval and size requirements. I knew what I wanted and that was numbers that were over 10" high digits in a sans serif font. Ordering the fonts were an option, but with estimates of USD 260 ++ for the set, the house numbers did not seem that important.

Last month, I decided to do the 'D'Souza Thing' and cut my own numbers based on a font that I downloaded from ''. I cut them on the scroll saw from 3/4" Baltic Birch Ply. I then painted the numbers, electric outlet covers and mailbox in Rustoleum's "Heirloom White"

The numbers stand 1" proud of the wall. Clear silicone caulk and threaded inserts hold them in place.

I got what I wanted, at a fantastic price, and I think that it looks great!!!

Before and After

Close up showing the stand-offs
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...