Thursday, April 23, 2015

We Be Chillin'

As a follow up to my last post on Outdoor Decor inspiration, I had the girlfriends over for drinks last weekend and we got the front patio all dressed up for them. I had a bench and two ceramic stools for seating but was desperate for a coffee table. D to the rescue. He found a tree stump which was lying in our side yard. He quickly made me some legs out of iron pipe and fit them on to make me a coffee table............... all in time for my partay. I was clapping my hands like a two year old ! He is a mad genius ! 

The shell is a thrift find and the cushions are all years old and faded, probably time for me to get new ones. Target why have you left us and gone ? just when I needed new cushions ! 



The Engine order telegraph is from D's ship repair company when we were living in Dubai

D made this bench about 2 years ago and it is my favorite place to read in the afternoons.

We found this champagne bucket at our local goodwill and thought it would look great with our boxwood


My hurricane lamps are perfect for this setting......sometimes I wish I could bring everything from inside outdoors.

I'm still pining for an outdoor rug but with the amount of rain we get I think I might just have to paint one on the pine boards. And lastly to find some pretty fairy lights to string up on that big bush behind the bench.

And with this lovely space we are all set for the warmer weather.........whenever it decides to come ! 

Check out our Pinterest boards for more outdoor ideas.

Big hugs
Lynda


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...