Friday, November 13, 2009

Vac Job - Organizational P0rn

In my previous post I blogged about getting a briefcase to hold the components of the Car Vac Kit. The briefcase was exactly what I wanted, but I knew (deep down in my heart) that it lacked that certain 'je ne sais quoi'

A few (like 1) seconds of soul searching and voila (pardon my French) there lay the answer. I needed a place to hold everything in place regardless of the orientation of the briefcase.

Is this necessary??? Why so many questions?? What is this??? Guantanamo???

Anyhoo. I had a vague idea of what I wanted to do. I scrounged around the house and sheds for raw lumber. Found what I needed. I then cut 2" lengths of 1 1/4" dowel. I had some 2 x 2 lumber lying around which I proceeded to profile as closely as possible to the interior of the briefcase.

I then drilled and countersunk the base and the dowels to accept 2" screws.

All the components cut to size lined up

We have lasers!!!!

Screwed!

Glued!

Organised!!!

I then glued and fitted the dowels to the base, painted the entire unit black and whacked it into place in the briefcase. The entire job took me under an hour to complete.

Me likeeee.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...