Sunday, March 15, 2009

More on my Music Box

I got down to taking apart my 'Gaytone' and decided to try out the existing amplifier. Having removed the turntable, I connected my 'Sansa' directly to the tonearm cable. We got sound, but just a peep. Not good enough, so the amp section goes as well. I took apart the PC speakers and separated the main parts to plan for placement within the box. The length of the amplifier box requires me to build out an angle. This sort of works out as I will have a rest against which I can make the Sansa stand up. I've done a conceptual drawing and I actually think that it works. 

Trial & Error

The Parts ready for reconstructive surgery

Conceptual drawing of the 'Gaytone'

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...