For Lynda's new desk we will repurpose a stock 8' Kitchen countertop in matt white from the 'Depot' supported by the walls at either end and by a single leg in the centre. The top section will be shelves that I have lying around the place. I plan to install fluorescent lighting at the rear of the bottom shelves to wash the work area with light. I would love to go with LED's for the entire project, but I fear that the light will be insufficient.
The work hit a sort of a stop this weekend as I had to get down to IKEA to get myself an additional 3 boxes of Laminate flooring. Full speed ahead on Monday.
Below is a before picture followed by a current picture of the area in question.
I am going to town on this space to give Lynda every possible convenience that a Crafter could possible dream of!!!!! Dad's Typeface drawers never did have a better raison d'etre as much as they do now......